PAPTAC will organize and host the next Control Systems Conference, in May 2014. The biennial event focuses on process control and systems engineering for the pulp and paper industry. The upcoming conference will also feature a new format with web access and live coverage of the sessions
It will be held in Quebec City, on May 13-15, 2014, at Loews Le Concorde hotel.
The 2014 edition, organized by PAPTAC, will be co-sponsored by three other international pulp and paper industry associations: SPCI (Sweden), PI (Finland) and TAPPI (USA). Presenters and attendees will come from all major pulp and paper producing countries, so this will be an opportunity to learn what is happening around the world in this field.
The conference will focus on evaluating new technologies, and showcasing successful solutions. The call for papers has been issued. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on the following topics:
- measurement and control of mechanical pulping processes
- measurement and control of recycled fibre lines
- pulp mill measurement and control
- paper mill measurement and control
- novel sensors and sensing techniques
- cross-directional measurement and control
- process and control performance assessment
- operations decision support
- production line management and optimization
- process data analysis
- modeling and simulation for control
Authors interested in presenting a paper can submit their abstract(s) to: email@example.com. Abstracts are due by September 30, 2013.