Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries accepting applications for October CEP grant
September 2, 2022 By P&PC Staff
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries (APFI) is currently accepting applications for its October Community Enhancement Program (CEP) grant. A not-for-profit project could qualify for a one-time grant of up to $25,000.
The company offers the CEP grant twice a year. APFI explains that it values the efforts of non-profit organizations in the communities near its millsite. Their contributions allow its communities to thrive. APFI therefore wants to do its part to help them grow. The company created the grant to support local non-profit organizations.
Since its inception in 2011, the CEP provides a grant of up to $25,000 to two qualified non-profit organizations each year.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. AFPI selects the recipients in May and October.
A non-profit organization may be considered for the program if it meets the following criteria:
- Located within a 100 km radius of the company’s millsite and within its Forest Management Agreement (FMA) area
- In need of small-scale facility upgrades, expansion or a development project
- The appropriate municipal authority permits construction
- Open to all community members
- Enhances the overall quality of life for community members
The program does not provide support for:
- Programming, staffing and operational costs
- The purchase of land
- Private or for-profit enterprises
- Religious, sacramental or exclusive (fraternal) organizations
Application deadline for the October CEP is September 15. Application form is available here.
Print this page