Conference explores new tech for specialty papers
By Cindy Macdonald
Specialty Papers US brings together the entire supply chain, including leading researchers who are working to perfect new applications that improve paper’s ability to resist oils and serve as a substrate, as well as identify specific attributes and unique applications.
A session called Innovation and New Technologies at Specialty Papers US will feature presentations on how new applications are being used to create better and more innovative processes for specialty papers.
A representative of West Fraser Forest Products will speak at the innovation session, on the subject of BCTMP as a value-added addition to pulp furnish mix.
Other presentations in the innovation session include:
– Foam Forming Technology Enables Utilization of Long Fibers by VTT
– METRIX Titan Strength, Designed for Filled Grades by Nalco
– Controlling Wetting, Adhesion and Absorption of Water and Oils on Cellulose-based Substrates by Georgia Institute of Technology
– Specialty Paper Substrates for Printed Electronics by North Carolina State University
– Fluorocarbon-Free Oil and Grease Barrier Coatings for Paper and Paperboard by The Dow Chemical Company
In addition to the 20 presentations during Specialty Papers US, the conference offers valuable networking opportunities. The event kicks off on September 21 with a networking reception at Chicago’s Goose Island Brewery.
Specialty Papers US takes place Sept. 21-23 in Chicago. Readers of Pulp & Paper Canada use the code PPCSPUS16 when registering to receive a discount.