Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
Apr. 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Georgia-Pacific to lay off nearly 700 people at Louisiana millJanuary 11, 2019 – Georgia-Pacific has announced it will lay…
West Fraser to further reduce production at three B.C. sawmillsJanuary 15, 2019 – West Fraser has announced further temporary…
AMETEK Surface Vision appoints new director of salesJanuary 15, 2019 – AMETEK Surface Vision, a provider of…
Toscotec to supply PM5 rebuild at Smurfit Kappa mill in FranceJanuary 11, 2019 – Toscotec has been awarded a contract…
BIOFOR International 2019
February 4-7, 2019
PaperWeek Canada 2019
February 4-7, 2019
March 24-26, 2019
IMPS 2019: 28th International Munich Paper Symposium
March 27-29, 2019
International Pulp Week
May 5-7, 2019
May 5-8, 2019