Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
Apr. 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Worker found dead at White Birch's Quebec millOctober 15, 2018 – Investigators are looking into the cause…
Establishing competitive forests through tenure and governanceOctober 12, 2018 – Canada has 397 million hectares (ha)…
Sustana Group announces Kevin Richard as new COOOctober 18, 2018 – Sustana, a manufacturer of sustainable fibres…
Groupe Delom sold to Wajax for $51.8 millionOctober 17, 2018 – Toronto-based industrial products and services providers…
BLRBAC 2018 Fall Meeting
October 22-24, 2018
PEERS 2018 Conference
October 28-31, 2018
International Bioenergy & Bioproducts Conference (IBBC)
October 29-31, 2018
BIOFOR International 2019
February 4-7, 2019
PaperWeek Canada 2019
February 4-7, 2019