Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
Apr. 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Resolute sells Fort Frances pulp mill to developerJuly 16, 2019 – Resolute Forest Products has sold its…
Q&A: David Mead, risk analyst at IPAJuly 15, 2019 – David Mead is a project analyst…
Viscose producer creates new fibre from FSC-certified dissolving pulpJuly 17, 2019 – Chinese viscose producer Tangshan Sanyou has…
Ahlstrom-Munksjö develops wax alternative paper for packagingJuly 17, 2019 – Ahlstrom-Munksjö has launched a new wax…
TAPPI Introduction to Kraft Pulping and Bleaching Course
August 13-14, 2019
PAPTAC Atlantic Branch Conference
September 18-20, 2019
October 1-4, 2019
FPInnovations Pulp, Paper & Bioproducts Course
October 7-11, 2019
BLRBAC Fall 2019 Meeting
October 14-16, 2019
TAPPI PEERS 2019
October 27-30, 2019