Prince George to host Wood Products Safety Summit
Apr. 30, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Cascades pours $275M into Virginia pulp plantJuly 16, 2018 – Canada-based Cascades Inc. is investing $275…
Kruger to produce new specialty papersJuly 16, 2018 – Kruger Inc. is ready to begin…
Virtual reality allows for greater transparency, efficiency and safetyJuly 16, 2018 – Voith's new smart service package –…
First Nations, Kraft Paper form historic companyJuly 16, 2018 – An historic 50-50 partnership between Nekoté…
13th Annual RISI Latin American Conference
August 13-15, 2018
Tissue World Istanbul
September 4-6, 2018
PAPTAC International Lignin Conference 2018
September 18-20, 2018
Specialty Papers U.S. 2018
October 1-3, 2018
TAPPI/RISI Tissue 2018
October 2-5, 2018
FPInnovations Pulp, Paper & Bioproducts Course
October 15-19, 2018