Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) has announced the 2020 Green Dream Bloggers, who are the winners of the organization’s annual summer internships contest.
The national Green Dream Bloggers program was launched in 2013 to provide students working in the forest products sector with an opportunity to promote their work experiences in Canada’s forests and mills over the course of the summer.
“Despite the serious challenges posed by COVID-19, our team was happy to see such great interest in the program again this year from both forestry companies and summer interns,” says Derek Nighbor, FPAC president and CEO, in a statement.
“The Green Dream Bloggers program not only provides development opportunities for young Canadians and raises awareness of the different jobs in our industry, but it also showcases in real time how we are sustainably managing our forests and the innovative and environmentally friendly products being manufactured at Canadian mills.”
Those selected to be FPAC’s Green Dream Bloggers will receive a scholarship to support their ongoing education, as they begin the process of blogging about their experiences in Canada’s forest products industry throughout the summer. This year’s winners are:
- Ty Edwards, Tolko Forest Products, Meadow Lake, SK
- William Gauthier, EACOM Timber Corporation, Sullivan, QC
- Gabrielle Gauthier, Resolute Forest Products, St.-Thomas, QC
- Julia Hollingworth, Weyerhaeuser, Grande Prairie, AB
- Brelynn Howard, Resolute Forest Products, Thunder Bay, ON
- Jamie Jacques, Weyerhaeuser, Grande Prairie, AB
- Arianna Loogman, Mercer International, Peace River, AB
- Francis Perron, Resolute Forest Products, Maniwaki, QC
- Jordan Rock, Tolko Forest Products, Prince Albert, SK
- Lina Sbai, Resolute Forest Products, Gatineau, QC
- Jace Timmer, Tolko Forest Products, Meadow Lake, SK
The blogs are posted biweekly throughout the summer and can be found here.
Print this page