FPAC names winners of its 2022 Green Dream Internship program
July 18, 2022 By P&PC Staff
Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) announced the winners of its 2022 Green Dream Internship program. Through this national initiative, the experiences and perspectives of eleven summer students working in the forest sector over the next six weeks will be showcased.
FPAC launched the annual Green Dream Internship Program in 2013 to promote young Canadians who are passionate about working in the forest sector and have a strong commitment to the environment and their community. Green Dream Interns are selected to create influencer-style content – including videos, blogs, podcasts, and TikToks – that provide an inside look at the work being done in Canada’s forests and communities from coast-to-coast.
“Over the past decade, we are very pleased to see an increasing level of interest and enthusiasm among young people towards summer internships,” said FPAC president and CEO Derek Nighbor. “The Green Dream Internship Program provides a first-hand look at our sector’s commitment to sustainable forest management and innovation – while offering a glimpse at how forestry supports hundreds of Indigenous and rural communities through an inclusive workforce that values sustainability, diversity, and opportunity across the country.”
FPAC’s Green Dream Interns receive a scholarship to support their ongoing education.
The winners of this year’s Green Dream Internship program include:
- Victoria Carlyle, Resolute Forest Products – Thunder Bay, ON
- Samantha Shapira, Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. – Boyle, AB
- Bailey Brokenshire, Tolko Industries Ltd. – High Prairie, AB
- Aidan Starosta, Resolute Forest Products – Montreal, QC
- Andy Goodson, Tolko Industries Ltd. – Prince Albert, SK
- Rosa Désy, Resolute Forest Products – Senneterre, QC
- Kimberley Bérubé–Boyle, Resolute Forest Products – Baie–Comeau, QC
- Danielle Dubeau, West Fraser – Hinton, AB
- Basil Cooper, Canfor Corporation – Vancouver, BC
- Jake Atkinson, Weyerhaeuser – Grande Prairie, AB
- Cody Oliver, Alberta Newsprint Company – Whitecourt, AB
Print this page