June 3, 2019 By P&PC Staff
June 3, 2019 – FPInnovations has added another applied learning course to its fall roster for pulp and paper workshops.
The Applied Tissue Course is geared to participants interested in tissue manufacturing, and takes place in Montreal on November 5 and 6, 2019.
Through presentations, hands-on demonstrations, and workshop-style learning, the Applied Tissue Course is designed to provide comprehensive and unique understanding of tissue properties and tissue manufacturing.
The course is offered in collaboration with value chain partner companies that will be presenting several workshops and demonstrations: Cristini, Fabio-Perini, Kadant, Solenis and Toscotec.
The course will cover a range of topics allowing participants to:
- Gain hands-on manufacturing experience with field experts and suppliers on FPInnovations’ pilot tissue machine
- Learn how to test tissue properties in labs and improve tissue performance through optimization
- Gain in-depth knowledge in tissue-making process, fiber physics, and tissue performance
- Understand the role of pulp furnish in tissue making and how it affects tissue properties
The research centre is also bringing back its popular Pulp, Paper & Bioproducts Course, running October 7-11, 2019 in Montreal. With topics ranging from fibre supply to final products and new bioproducts, the course is an opportunity for participants wishing to enhance their technical knowledge in pulp, paper, and bioproducts.
The course covers various subjects including:
- Basic concepts of wood chemistry, pulping, papermaking and paper properties
- Pulp and paper manufacturing processes, from raw materials to final products
- How Canada works efficiently as a responsible forest resource developer by regulating and monitoring possible negative impacts to forest ecosystems from pulp and paper production to ensure healthy environment and sustainable production
- How the properties of products can be modified through different combinations of pulping and other processing methods, and treatment conditions at each step
Registration for the courses is available through FPInnovations.
Print this page