Kruger bleach plant to be reconfigured
July 9, 2018 By P&PC staff
July 9, 2018 – Kruger’s Trois-Rivieres, Que. Mill will undergo significant reconfiguration of its thermo-mechanical pulp peroxide bleach plant by international technology group Andritz.
Start-up is scheduled for the final quarter of 2018.
The scope of supply includes:
- Delivery of new ANDRITZ components: HC mixer, HC bleach tower discharge system, two MC pumps
- One reconditioned pulp screw press
- Upgrade of two existing twin wire presses to achieve a higher production rate
- Modification of one existing ANDRITZ twin wire press to move the drive to the other side
- Basic engineering, erection supervision, as well as commissioning and start-up assistance are also part of the ANDRITZ scope.
Kruger decided to place this order with ANDRITZ because of the longstanding excellent business relationship between the two companies, ANDRITZ’s full process capabilities, and its flexibility to use new as well as used and rebuilt components.
Print this page
Stories continue below