Environment & Sustainability
Kruger Products undertakes initiative to plant 100,000 trees
March 25, 2022 By P&PC Staff
Kruger Products is partnering with One Tree Planted to plant 100,000 trees throughout North America over the next three years. Through this charitable partnership, the tissue manufacturer upholds its commitment to the reduction of its environmental footprint through its Reimagine 2030 sustainability initiative.
“We know sustainable achievements aren’t made through one initiative alone, which is why we are continuously investing in new opportunities to continue reducing our environmental footprint,” said Steven Sage, vice-president, sustainability, Kruger Products. “Fibre is essential to our business, so we are committed to using this resource responsibly and seeking out collaborations to further our sustainable impacts.”
In a statement released by the company, Kruger Products noted that through its actions, it has demonstrated sustainable achievements and care for the environment since it launched its first formal sustainability strategy in 2010. Some of these actions include:
- Becoming the first Canadian tissue manufacturer to earn Forest Stewardship Council
Chain of Custody certification in 2011;
- Ensuring that 100 percent of its fibre is third-party certified ;
- Offering more than 250 third-party certified products, one of the largest portfolios of
certified tissue products in North America;
- Installing one of the the first biomass gasification systems in Canada’s pulp and paper industry;
- Becoming one of the first companies to earn ISO50001 Energy Management Certification from
the Bureau de normalisation du Quebec; and
- Being named one of Canada’s Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights every
year since 2018.
“We appreciate the support of Kruger Products and all the great work we will be able to do as a result of this partnership” said Ashley Lamontagne, forest campaign manager for One Tree Planted. “Through their Reimagine 2030 initiative we will be able to plant more trees in North America and further our goal of global reforestation.”
Kruger Products’ newly launched Bonterra line, made from responsibly sourced materials in plastic-free packaging, will include the One Tree Planted logo.
Print this page