Cascades Fluff & Tuff wins 2017 PPI award
Dec. 13, 2017 - Cascades received the Tissue – Innovation Award for its Cascades Fluff & Tuff brand at the ninth edition of the Pulp & Paper International (PPI) Awards, which took place in Brussels, Belgium, last month.
The awards are held each year to recognize the achievements of companies, mills and individuals in the pulp and paper sector. The PPI Awards are organized by RISI, an information provider for the global forest products industry.
According to the organization, the Tissue – Innovation category was created to “highlight some of the incredibly imaginative work carried out by tissue producers to keep an increasingly demanding consumer happy.” To claim a spot among the five other finalists, the Consumer Products marketing team demonstrated the innovative nature of the new Cascades Fluff & Tuff brand, its strong market presence and consumer satisfaction levels.
Cascades Tissue Group launched the national brand on March 14, 2017.
“We launched a line of toilet paper and paper towels that is among the softest and strongest on the market, while maintaining all of the green properties our products are known for. Our objective was simple, to offer consumers the comfort and performance they're looking for in a product, while also protecting the environment. We wanted our new and improved products to become the brand of choice for more and more families across the country, and we are achieving this goal,” said Jean Jobin, president and COO of Cascades Tissue Group.
The complete list of winners include:
• Mill Manager Award (sponsored by Valmet): Pavan Kumar Suri – JK Paper Mills, Rayagada
• International CEO of the Year Award (sponsored by StepChange Consulting): Berry Wiersum, Sappi Europe SA
• The Pulp & Paper Industry Internet of Things Award (sponsored by Andritz Pulp & Paper): Metsä Group
• The Innovation in Cellulosic Applications Award (sponsored by NC Partnering): Processum – Forest Fish
• Water Efficiency Award (sponsored by Nalco Water): Soffass – Sofidel S.p.A.
• Environmental Leadership Award (sponsored by ExxonMobil): DS Smith plc
• Tissue - Innovation Award (sponsored by It’s Tissue): Cascades Tissue Group – Cascades Fluff & Tuff
• The Packaging Innovation Award (sponsored by Voith): Graphic Packaging International – FruitPack
• Bringing Paper to Life – Innovative Printing & Writing Campaign of the Year Award (sponsored by HP): Smurfit Kappa Colombia, Cali Mill – CartoPrint
• Resilience - Managing Risk Award (sponsored by FM Global): Smurfit Kappa – Zülpich
Valmet, Georgia-Pacific enter into eTAD technology agreementMay 19, 2018 – A licensing agreement covering the eTAD…
Pulp mill, Town of Pictou at odds over wastewaterMay 22, 2018 – One of northeastern Nova Scotia's largest…
Renewable replacement for plastics launchedMay 18, 2018 – Stora Enso has launched its wood-based…
Pulp processed into new shapes in hands of partnersMay 22, 2018 – Until recently, ideas of running pulp…
May 29-31, 2018
May 30-2, 2018
Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition 2018
June 6-8, 2018
PAPTAC International Lignin Conference 2018
September 18-20, 2018