Cascades Fluff & Tuff wins 2017 PPI award
Dec. 13, 2017 - Cascades received the Tissue – Innovation Award for its Cascades Fluff & Tuff brand at the ninth edition of the Pulp & Paper International (PPI) Awards, which took place in Brussels, Belgium, last month.
The awards are held each year to recognize the achievements of companies, mills and individuals in the pulp and paper sector. The PPI Awards are organized by RISI, an information provider for the global forest products industry.
According to the organization, the Tissue – Innovation category was created to “highlight some of the incredibly imaginative work carried out by tissue producers to keep an increasingly demanding consumer happy.” To claim a spot among the five other finalists, the Consumer Products marketing team demonstrated the innovative nature of the new Cascades Fluff & Tuff brand, its strong market presence and consumer satisfaction levels.
Cascades Tissue Group launched the national brand on March 14, 2017.
“We launched a line of toilet paper and paper towels that is among the softest and strongest on the market, while maintaining all of the green properties our products are known for. Our objective was simple, to offer consumers the comfort and performance they're looking for in a product, while also protecting the environment. We wanted our new and improved products to become the brand of choice for more and more families across the country, and we are achieving this goal,” said Jean Jobin, president and COO of Cascades Tissue Group.
The complete list of winners include:
• Mill Manager Award (sponsored by Valmet): Pavan Kumar Suri – JK Paper Mills, Rayagada
• International CEO of the Year Award (sponsored by StepChange Consulting): Berry Wiersum, Sappi Europe SA
• The Pulp & Paper Industry Internet of Things Award (sponsored by Andritz Pulp & Paper): Metsä Group
• The Innovation in Cellulosic Applications Award (sponsored by NC Partnering): Processum – Forest Fish
• Water Efficiency Award (sponsored by Nalco Water): Soffass – Sofidel S.p.A.
• Environmental Leadership Award (sponsored by ExxonMobil): DS Smith plc
• Tissue - Innovation Award (sponsored by It’s Tissue): Cascades Tissue Group – Cascades Fluff & Tuff
• The Packaging Innovation Award (sponsored by Voith): Graphic Packaging International – FruitPack
• Bringing Paper to Life – Innovative Printing & Writing Campaign of the Year Award (sponsored by HP): Smurfit Kappa Colombia, Cali Mill – CartoPrint
• Resilience - Managing Risk Award (sponsored by FM Global): Smurfit Kappa – Zülpich
West Fraser to further reduce production at three B.C. sawmillsJanuary 15, 2019 – West Fraser has announced further temporary…
Georgia-Pacific to lay off nearly 700 people at Louisiana millJanuary 11, 2019 – Georgia-Pacific has announced it will lay…
Lignin researcher from UBC named as Canadian finalist for innovation awardJanuary 9, 2019 – A graduate researcher from the University…
UPM is tendering to build a pulp terminal in Uruguay alongside potential new millJanuary 9, 2019 – UPM is taking part in an…
BIOFOR International 2019
February 4-7, 2019
PaperWeek Canada 2019
February 4-7, 2019
March 24-26, 2019
IMPS 2019: 28th International Munich Paper Symposium
March 27-29, 2019
International Pulp Week
May 5-7, 2019
May 5-8, 2019