FPAC hosts this annual event to recognize excellence in the sector and to honour the achievements of its workers and community partners. Winners are selected across several categories including Forest Community Champions, industry partners, Indigenous leadership, women in forestry, rising stars, innovation and lifetime achievement.
"The people of Canada’s forest products sector are making contributions every day to help us realize important environmental and economic outcomes," says Derek Nighbor, FPAC president and CEO. "It’s important that we recognize these efforts and say thank you to these special people in our businesses and in our communities who are doing such great work."
The 2019 award winners include:
Forest Community Champion Awards
- Hon. Jim Carr – Member of Parliament Winnipeg South Centre, and minister of international trade diversification
- Hon. Ed Fast – Member of Parliament, Abbotsford, and former minister of international trade
- Lyn Hall – Mayor, Prince George, BC
- Pascal Cloutier – Mayor, Dolbeau-Mistassini, QC
- Kristen Vice – National Council for Air and Stream Improvement (NCASI) – Montreal, QC
- Forestry Futures Alliance- Edmonton & Calgary, AB
- Selkin Logging Limited – Fraser Lake, BC
- Zachary Julian – Mi’Kmaq First Nation, NS
- Lance Black – Anicinape of Abitibi, ON
- Brian Merwin and the Corporate Development Team, Celgar – Mercer International
- Jim Witiw – Mercer International
- François Dumoulin – Resolute Forest Products
- Donna Kopecky – LP Building Solutions
- Sandy Ferguson – Conifex Timber Inc.
- Jennifer Tallman – EACOM Timber Corp.
- Marie-Philippe Drouin – Resolute Forest Products