Equipment & Systems
TAPPI releases new edition of kraft recovery boilers book
January 22, 2020 By P&PC Staff
TAPPI has published a new reference book on kraft recovery boilers for engineering, technical, and supervisory staff at pulp and paper mills, as well as technical people working in the field.
Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition compiles work and research from the past 20 years from organizations such as the Renewable Bioproducts Institute (formerly Institute of Paper Science and Technology), Åbo Akademi University, Aalto University and the University of Toronto into a single, integrated guide to recovery boiler technology.
The third edition is edited by Honghi Tran, Ph.D., a professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, the Frank Dottori Chair in Pulp and Paper Engineering, and the Director of the Pulp & Paper Centre at the University of Toronto. Tran has chaired the TAPPI Kraft Recovery Operations Course (KROS) since 2006.
Seven experts who have served alongside Tran as instructors of the course for many years coauthored the book.
Contributing authors include:
- Terry N. Adams, Ph.D., consultant, T.N. Adams Consulting
- Mikko Hupa, Ph.D., Chemical Engineering Professor, Åbo Akademi University (ÅAU) in Turku, Finland
- William J. (Jim) Frederick, Jr., Ph.D., Principal, Table Mountain Consulting, LLC
- Thomas M. Grace, Ph.D., retired. Former professor, Institute of Paper Chemistry (now IPST at Georgia Tech) and adjunct professor, University of Toronto
- Andrew K. Jones, Ph.D., senior engineering fellow, International Paper
- W.B.A. Sandy Sharp, Ph.D., consultant, Sharp Consultant
- Douglas Singbeil, industrial sector leader, BioProducts, FPInnovations
Like the previous two editions, this book is sponsored by the Recovery Boiler Program R&D Subcommittee of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) and published by TAPPI Press.
Kraft Recovery Boilers is available for $188 for TAPPI members; $244 for non-members. Orders can be placed online or through TAPPI’s Member Connection Center via 1-800-332-8686 (US).
Print this page