Maintenance & Reliability
Research & Innovation
Water & Chemicals
TAPPI seeks innovative technical solutions for its 2023 PEERS and IBBC conferences
February 22, 2023 By P&PC Staff
TAPPI’s Pulping, Engineering, Environmental, Recycling and Sustainability (PEERS) conference and International Bioenergy and Bioproducts Conference (IBBC) have both opened their Invitation to Present/Call for Presentations. PEERS and IBBC are currently accepting proposals for the 2023 conferences.
TAPPI is inviting subject matter experts (SMEs) and other industry and allied professionals to submit abstracts by March 17, 2023 to be considered for inclusion in the comprehensive programs.
The PEERS conference features the following tracks:
- Brown stock washing
- Mill reliability
- Recovery boilers and evaporators
- Lime kiln an recausticizing
- Energy and power boiler
- Nonwood fibres
- Biorefinery track (part of IBBC)
The IBBC conference includes the following tracks:
- Supporting the sustainable bioeconomy
- Leveraging pulp mill assets
- Biomass utilization and sustainability assessments
- Biomass processing and conversion pathways
- Innovative technologies to transform biomass
- Innovative bioproducts and biopolymers from wood and nonwood biomass
- Lignin recovery and new products
- Bio-based polymers, chemicals and products
In addition to program abstracts, TAPPI is inviting undergraduate and graduate students in the pulp, paper and allied industries to participate in the Student Poster Session and Competition. Students who have successfully conducted research, implemented an innovative project, or have an idea for a project designed to sustainably drive the industry forward, should submit an abstract for consideration. Cash prizes will be awarded to the winning posters.
View the conferences’ respective Invitation to Present/Call for Presentations for specific topics of interest within each track. Abstracts should be uploaded to the TAPPI Speaker Management System.
Print this page