Health & Safety
TAPPICon is all set for in-person event with safety precautions in place
By P&PC Staff
By P&PC Staff
TAPPI president and CEO, Larry Montague, recently shared the association’s plans to congregate safely in person at TAPPICon this October.
Montague noted that all TAPPI events focus on the health and safety of attendees and exhibitors. This has been a crucial consideration throughout the planning process for TAPPICon.
“Our goal has always been to provide a great experience for you to connect with other industry professionals and learn face-to-face in a safe environment,” he said.
The altered circumstances during the pandemic have taught the TAPPI team how to plan and execute events while maintaining safety protocols. TAPPI is constantly updating its onsite safety protocols as per the latest CDC, state and local guidelines. The association will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines and notify attendees and exhibitors of any critical changes
Montague shared the following changes and information on what attendees and exhibitors can expect onsite at TAPPICon:
- Six feet of social distancing recommended
- Increased use of larger indoor spaces for relationship building functions, allowing for social distancing
- More frequent sanitizing of high traffic areas
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the convention centre and at all food stations
- Food and beverage functions will have serving attendants and plexiglass shields
- Colour-coded wristbands will be provided: red = six feet contact; yellow = some close contact; green = contact is welcome
- Face coverings will be required where appropriate
- The Expo Floor is very open. Face coverings are recommended but not required
“Our thanks again for your ongoing support and patience as we continue to pivot and adapt to these changing circumstances. Rest assured we will continue to issue public announcements should the above guidelines be changed by either the CDC or Cobb County,” added Montague.