Specialty pulp, paper chemicals market worth US$31B by 2024: Global Market Insights
Dec. 13, 2016 - A new research report by Global Market Insights finds the specialty pulp and paper chemicals market size is set to exceed US$31 billion by 2024.
Rise in the demand of one-sided specialty (coated) papers will be the principal driver for the growth in global specialty pulp and paper chemicals market size in the next few years, according to the report, titled Specialty Pulp And Paper Chemicals Market Size By Product (Bleaching Chemicals, Process Chemicals, Polymerization & Blowing Agents, Functional Chemicals), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, China, India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, GCC), Application Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024. The demand for one-sided specialty (coated) papers was accounted for more than 4,000 kilo tons in 2015 and will show significant growth.
Global Market Insights says increasing demand for labels and specialty flexible packaging materials will play an “important role” in industry evolution. With the growing electronic commerce industry and ease of home delivery mechanisms, the flexible packaging industry will find a growing demand in the upcoming years. It also find a huge application in envelopes, gift wraps, posters, release liners, laminations, and thermal transfers.
The report covers the following segments: bleaching chemicals; process chemicals; functional chemicals; and basic chemicals. Key findings include:
• Global specialty pulp and paper chemicals market size is forecast to exceed US$31 billion by 2024, with estimated gains at more than 4 per cent.
• Functional chemicals registered the maximum share of more than US$10.5 billion in 2015. It constituted more than half of the global specialty pulp and paper chemicals market share.
• Asia Pacific, led by China, will be the major driver for the global market and is expected to reach a revenue of US$11.50 billion of specialty pulp and paper chemicals by 2024. The huge number of stationery and packaging industry end-users will account for this demand.
• Fastest growth is also expected in the Asia Pacific region owing to the growing demand of packaging industry and increasing production capacity of industries in these regions.
• North America and Europe is expected to lose their market share to Asia Pacific and Latin America owing to the growing digitalization in these regions.
• North America specialty pulp and paper chemicals market is expected to reach a total revenue of more than US$6 billion in 2024.
“Improvements in process efficiency with increasing use of specialty pulp and paper chemicals will also drive the market growth in coming years. Better cleaning of wall fibers and increasing the surface quality of papers is a major influencing factor for the market. The specialty chemicals help in reducing the biological oxygen demand of the waste water, hence improving its quality, and reducing the environmental damages caused by the heavy amount of waste water released by the industry,” noted the report.
Buckman welcomes new global VP of its water divisionJan. 16, 2018 - Buckman has appointed Christine Staples global…
Valmet delivers new chip storing system to Portuguese pulp millJan. 16, 2018 - The Navigator Company says a new…
Renewing the workforce with training optionsJan. 16, 2018 - Vision 2020, developed by the Forest…
Ontario ups maximum workplace safety finesJan. 16, 2018 - The Ontario government has increased the…
PaperWeek Canada 2018
February 5-8, 2018
Tissue World Miami 2018
March 21-23, 2018
BLRBAC 2018 Spring Meeting
April 9-11, 2018
April 15-18, 2018
May 30-2, 2018
Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition 2018
June 6-8, 2018