Operations & Management
Voith, BTG and Toscotec introduce new Yankee service portfolio with the new ProServices
By P&PC Staff
By P&PC Staff
Voith and its subsidiaries BTG and Toscotec have announced a modular Yankee Service portfolio with the new ProServices.
With this, papermakers will have access to eight different specialized measurement and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot most Yankee operational and safety issues to increase tissue production efficiency.
To ensure smooth and effective tissue production, it is important to make sure that Yankees in a tissue machine are in perfect condition. With ProServices, Voith, BTG and Toscotec provide tissue manufacturers with dedicated R&D, application and operations teams and a single point of contact. Papermakers have access to standard maintenance with a range of flexible troubleshooting and optimization Yankee services.
Four core services and four additional supporting services can be tailored to meet specific customer requirements. These include observational diagnostics, such as on-the-run thermal and topography mapping and a range of shutdown inspections from head tilt to press load verification to internals. On-site specialists are available, close to the company’s numerous, global locations. Customers are also able to combine service offerings as part of ProServices.
Voith’s new ProServices include:
1. Core services:
- ProPress: Press roll load check to pinpoint efficiency and safety issues
- ProDry: Paper/Yankee infra-red analysis to identify inconsistencies of the condensate removal system and other issues
- ProSurface: Yankee shape topography to detect worn surface areas
- ProFile: Blade holder profiling to improve efficiency and protect the Yankee surface
2. Supporting services:
- ProHead: Yankee head tilt to TAPPI standards, required every two years
- ProInspect: Detailed Yankee inspection using an extensive checklist
- ProSteam: Analysis of steam, condensate, and related parameters
- ProRun: Determination if surface intervention is needed, e.g. grinding or re-metallization