JDI awards 2017 scholarships to nine students
Oct. 4, 2017 - J. D. Irving (JDI) recently awarded scholarships to nine post-secondary students at a ceremony at Irving Paper in Saint John, N.B.
All of the students have parents who work in the Pulp and Paper Division, and some of the students have just completed work-terms and co-op terms in the division this summer.
“This is a great program that we’ve been doing for the past five years,” said Mark Mosher, vice president of the Pulp and Paper Division. “It is recognition of the value we have for our employees and the next generation as they pursue their academic studies. Awarding scholarships to the children of the men and women I work with every day is a real pleasure.”
Congratulations to all winners:
Irving Pulp and Paper
• Michelle Doucette, NBCC, Business Administration
• Julia Hill, University of New Brunswick (UNB), Mechanical Engineering
• Stephanie Parlee, Dalhousie University, Engineering
• Colby Rice, UNB, Civil Engineering
• Patrick Gallagher, UNB, Bachelor of Science
• Catherine McLennan, UNB, Chemical Engineering
• Emily Morgan, UNB, Chemical Engineering
Irving Tissue Saint John
• Matteo Tremblay, University of Ottawa, Bachelor of Science
Lake Utopia Paper
• Mitchell Newman, NBCC, Information Technology
Hill said she very much appreciates the support as she continues her studies. “This scholarship means a lot to me because it allows me to focus less on working during school and more on my education,” she said.
Since 2013, the JDI Pulp and Paper Division has awarded 44 post-secondary scholarships to employees’ children.
Valmet, Georgia-Pacific enter into eTAD technology agreementMay 19, 2018 – A licensing agreement covering the eTAD…
Pulp mill, Town of Pictou at odds over wastewaterMay 22, 2018 – One of northeastern Nova Scotia's largest…
Renewable replacement for plastics launchedMay 18, 2018 – Stora Enso has launched its wood-based…
Pulp processed into new shapes in hands of partnersMay 22, 2018 – Until recently, ideas of running pulp…
May 29-31, 2018
May 30-2, 2018
Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition 2018
June 6-8, 2018
PAPTAC International Lignin Conference 2018
September 18-20, 2018