Environment & Sustainability
FSC Canada issues call for entries for awards recognizing leaders in forest sustainability
June 16, 2022 By P&PC Staff
FSC Canada released a statement inviting companies to showcase their leadership in sustainable forestry, inspiring others to raise the bar.
This is the 12th annual edition of the FSC Leadership Awards. The awards will recognize excellence in the use of FSC-certified products and commitment to responsible forest management in building, manufacturing, advocacy, conservation and individual leadership in the FSC community.
The organization explained in its statement that people, projects and organizations in Canada, Mexico and the USA are eligible to apply in the following categories:
- A design & build project— a commercial, institutional, mixed-use or residential real estate development, or furniture or other product design completed in 2020, 2021 or 2022 and utilizing at least 50 percent FSC-certified materials for wood products.
- An FSC-certified company or organization — a current FSC certificate holder.
- An FSC trademark license holder — a current trademark license holder.
- A nonprofit organization — a partnership or shared goal with the Forest Stewardship Council.
- An uncommon partnership— a campaign, event or project that your company or organization completed in tandem with another company or organization brought about by your common interest in FSC and responsible forest management.
- An individual champion— an individual who has exemplified extraordinary leadership in innovating and advancing FSC and responsible forest management.
Past winners include Canadian forest products giant GreenFirst for maintaining FSC certification on over 9 million acres of complex boreal landscapes in Ontario and Quebec.
FSC is inviting individuals and companies to enter their own projects or nominate another.
A jury will select winners based on the applications received. The deadline for submissions is September 16 and winners will be notified in October.
Print this page