P&PC accepting nominations for inaugural Hall of Fame contest
By P&PC Staff
By P&PC Staff
The nomination period for Pulp & Paper Canada‘s inaugural Hall of Fame contest is now open!
The winners of the Hall of Fame will be published in the Winter 2022 issue of Pulp & Paper Canada, and on our website.
What is the purpose of Hall of Fame?
This program celebrates long-serving members of Canada’s pulp and paper sector by recognizing workers who have been employed in the pulp and paper industry for at least 25 years and who have made significant contributions to the sector.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
Anyone who has worked in pulp and paper mills or associated industries for at least 25 years as of January 1, 2021. Retired professionals who have worked for the requisite time period are eligible to be nominated.
Equipment and technology suppliers are welcome to participate. Nominees must work in, or supply goods for, the Canadian pulp and paper industry for an operation based in Canada.
Anecdotes and support from multiple colleagues are welcome.
What does P&PC look for in a nominee?
Eligible pulp and paper workers are nominated by their colleagues and should:
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Show leadership and initiative
- Have a demonstrated history of involvement in projects that achieved results or otherwise made an impact
- Actively seek new opportunities for training and education
- Be involved in industry associations or share industry knowledge among their peers
- Be committed to safe, sustainable and/or innovative practices in the industry
The deadline for submissions is Nov. 5, 2021.