Water & Chemicals
TAPPI releases new reference book on black liquor evaporation
September 12, 2019 By P&PC Staff
TAPPI has released a new reference book called Black Liquor Evaporation for engineers and operators involved with black liquor evaporator operations.
Black liquor is an important internal process stream in kraft pulping, containing almost all the spent inorganic pulping chemicals along with wood components extracted during pulping.
The new book offers troubleshooting, and acts as a reference for process-related aspects of evaporator design.
It’s the first comprehensive book to deal solely with the topic of black liquor evaporation and is the first on this topic to be published by TAPPI Press.
Edited by Jim Frederick and Niko DeMartini, Black Liquor Evaporation brings together knowledge and data on key areas in evaporation including:
- Design principles for evaporation equipment
- Relevant flow and heat transfer behaviour in two-phase flow
- Black liquor properties relevant to flow and heat transfer in evaporators
- Auxiliary processes (tall oil soap recovery, fibre removal, condensate segregation, foul condensate stripping, MeOH purification, and NCG collection and incineration)
- Evaporator scaling
- Projected needs for future developments in evaporation technology
Print this page